Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Story So Far

Today is Christmas day 2011. So far, since deciding that I was gong to go for a Cat 1 upgrade, I've had a fun Cyclocross season with a podium on the Masters B's and fighting for top 10 positions in the 45 A's. I was carpooling to CX races with the legendary Henry Kramer hoping to pick up as many hints and tips as possible. Henry came back still winning after taking a couple of years off. I had a big crash at the first Surf City race and put a dent in my right knee. This put me back a coupe of weeks. The cash was on a downhill that had a telegraph pole to hop over. I got the front wheel over and the rear kicked up leaving me in a 10 yard nose wheely until I eventually ran out of talent and hit the ground. My right knee landed on a pointy stone opening a rage hole that didn't stop bleeding until I got home. Training has been going well with consistent gym and interval sessions. Right now I'm just about to start level 4. This past week I'd decided to have a mini winter training camp of my own and get in as many miles as possible. In a week. I rode to work 4 out of the 5 days and rode to and from work on Friday. This gave me 350 miles for the week and close to 25 hours. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Mountain View, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment