Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Get off you're done..

So I woke up this morning and wanted to do the level 4 IPOP session that was on the plan.  Unfortunately the legs had different ideas.  After clocking a 25 hour ride week and 340 miles last week, everything needed a rest.  The legs were so dead I couldn't get my HR over 169, I just couldn't spin fast enough.  When that happens during an IPOP session it time to just get off the bike and call it a day.  I need a rest week desperately but thats not until next week.  I hit the gym with Craig at lunch and went through the motions just to keep things moving.

Hailey is planning the logistics for the Coast Ride in a couple of weeks.  I hope to be well rested and ready for that big session.  Next weeks rest week has to be a good one.

I know I'm tired, I have that overtrained grumpy feeling and nothing but sleep and rest will fix it.  The only problem is that theres just too much work to do at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment