Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chico Stage Race Pro/1/2 TT

Stage 2 of the Chico Stage Race is the time trial. It's a pancake flat 10 mile loop just to the West of town. I arrived very early and set up the trainer for a good warmup. I span for about 30 minutes then did 3 one minute hard efforts to get the HR above 160. As always the first one sucked but the next 2 got easier and easier as the legs and lungs warmed up.

My start time was 8:07:30 and was based on the previous days finish order in reverse. I had 2 fast guys right behind me as they were the guys who dropped me with 500 meters to go. They both caught me about 2 miles from the finish and gave me something to chase. I caught 2 guys who were riding road bikes but other than that it was fairly uneventful. I can't imagine I moved up on GC, I just hope I didn't drop back any.

I rolled back to the car for a warm down on the trainer and grabbed some food to recover for the Crit that was now three and a half hours away.

Food:
Breakfast - Egg McMuffin, bottle of Cytomax, Half double expresso Clif Shot
Garmin time: 0:23:40




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Chico, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment