Sunday, February 19, 2012

20 - 15 - 10

So I was talking to some friends about my experience at VoS and how the TT really let me down for my GC placing. CT suggested I try a workout that was the core of his TT training and really worked for him.

It consists of doing a TT at full Race pace for the following intervals.

20 minutes hard effort
5 minutes easy
15 minutes hard effort
5 minutes easy
10 minutes hard effort

I gave this a try on Saturday and it really is a good hard workout. My legs were fried after this. I'd already done a lot on Saturday but driving 6 hours, racing 1 hour and then riding for another 1.5 hours but I still posted faster laps than I had on my previous hot laps of this loop.

Let's see how this progresses over the next month or two. Saturday's fastest lap was 5:03 with an average power of 275 watts. Not stellar but a move in the right direction.


Location:Los Altos, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment